Job Reference: 1409-SP-CNC
The successful candidate will be competent in their designated area; and will be required to work towards tight timescale for mass production of components and parts.
• Ability to program, set and operate one or more CNC machines; ideally Mazak; Fanuc Doosan or Puma.
• Ensure that the machining process is set up and run at safe and optimum levels for productivity and high
• Ability to carry out offsets and make basic changes to machining process.
• Ability to read drawings and carry out inspection checks.
• Work to tight tolerances (routinely to 13 microns and 0.8 microns finishes).
• Ability to produce a set volume of work efficiently in a specified period of time.
• Ability to demonstrate appropriate judgment and decision-making skills when necessary.
• Ensure quality of work is accurate, thorough and neat.
• Be organised and tidy at all time at your own work area.
• Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and willingness to learn.
• Individuals are also required to comply with the policies, procedures and protocols in place within the
Qualifications and Experience
• Successfully completed an Engineering Apprenticeship
• Must have experience of using CNC programming and operating.
• Experience of working within a rotating machinery environment.
• Flexibility to work multiple machines.
• Conduct 5S; be organised and maintain tidy work station and area all the time.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work as part of a team
• Ability to manage in demanding situations and make sound decisions
• Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
• GCSE standard or equivalent (i.e. 5 grade A – C including Maths and English)
Position is full time, permanent subject to 3 months probationary period
Working hours are 39pw; Monday – Tuesday 7.00am – 3.30pm; Wednesday – Thursday 7.00am – 3.15pm; Friday 7.00am – 3.00pm, (flexibility for the role is required)
Pay rate starting at: £11.00 – £12.50 per hour (depending on experience)
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: