Job Reference: 0903-MB-DE
My client has the ability to design unique products for specific project solutions and they have recently created a fantastic opportunity for an experienced DESIGN ENGINEER / APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (AHU) to join the Design department based in West Yorkshire.
The position involves designing, estimating and project managing air handling unit delivery / systems. Experience of such systems in large scale applications would be a major advantage.
• Reading and interpreting project specifications, schedules and drawings.
• Strong knowledge of the AHU design process – psychometrics, heat gain and loss, heat
exchangers, air flow dynamics, and fan design / laws.
• Ability to project manage from enquiry to delivery including purchasing,
manufacturing and installation.
• Checking and approving CAD drawings for the final build.
• Working with the management team on improving AHU design software through
feedback and testing.
• Liaison with client to finalise design.
• Use of component and selection software to prepare and produce estimates for
bespoke AHU equipment.
• Commercial management of projects, value engineering, and best buying practice.
• Project planning and reporting.
• Cost and time analysis.
• Ensuring high standards of customer service are maintained.
• Answering technical queries from customers on ongoing projects and responding in a timely manner.
• Working within the companies ISO 9001 management system.
• Contributing towards the development of the company’s product line either on new design elements or looking at the cost of the products and any buying improvements.
• Attend works production meetings and advise on manufacture / delivery schedules.
• Attend individual and team meetings, report on department progress and set / action goals.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Air handling unit design & specification experience is essential.
• Good general knowledge of AHU’s and the estimating process
• You will be qualified in an Engineering discipline
• Have a background in HVAC Manufacturing / Engineering environment
• Have experience of the HVAC markets / industries.
• competitive salary package is offered to the successful individual.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Private Healthcare Scheme.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• Onsite parking.
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: