Job Reference: 1209-AR-EDE
My client is a market leader within their industry and currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER / DRAUGHTSMAN to join their team based at their facility in Hope Valley, South Yorkshire.
Applicants will work within a small team of committed and multi-disciplined engineers, responsible for the design development and support of special bespoke products, all of which have to conform to European directives and the appropriate harmonised standards.
The role will particularly suit individuals who enjoy varied and challenging work.
You will have a systematic approach to problem solving and be capable of working both in a team and without excessive supervision.
• Work as one of the primary electrical designers within the business.
• Create electrical detailed designs of systems and sub-systems from defined client specification, this will include designing control panels (including layouts), schematics, and creation of associated documentation including BOM’s, manufacturing drawings etc.
• You are expected to work within the agreed time scales and costs, liaise with the customer and all other departments in the Company at all levels.
• Knowledge and experience of design change control and release procedures, MRP and or ERP systems
• To support the manufacturing process, resolving and clarifying electrical and wiring issues in products
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in an Electrical manufacturing environment is necessary
• Minimum qualification in an appropriate Electrical Design subject at HND level.
• Experience in the use of applicable directives, norms and standards used in light industrial applications are essential.
• Good communication skills as duties will include liaising with internal departments
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
• Prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
• Temperature controller configuration.
• PLC programming experience would be an advantage.
• Furnace or oven electrical design experience would be an advantage though not essential as training will be given
• Flexible, hands-on approach to working within a project team or individually.
• Computer literate.
• Valid passport holder and clean driving licence required for occasional travel.
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: