Job Reference: 0404-AR-TE
A permanent vacancy now exists for an Electrical Inspection/Test Engineer based at their facility in Hope Valley, Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, have the ability to work on their own initiative, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
- Final inspection of bespoke company products.
- Carrying out performance testing of prototypes/products to agreed test specifications.
- Work to the health and safety procedures laid down by the company.
- Ensuring all equipment used complies with all relevant safety and performance standards.
- In-process inspection, general test and inspection duties.
- Fault finding and rectification, where appropriate.
- Control instrument and ancillary equipment configuration.
- Software configuration.
- Calibration of product.
- To attend on and off site training as required fulfilling the role requirements.
- Provide worldwide field support with the existing service team as and when the business requires.
- Ability to keep and maintain organized, accurate and meticulous records , including:-
- Inspection reports
- Rejection reports
- Calibration records
- Quality Management System documents
- Log and prepare test results.
- Work time recording.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate will have proven experience as an Electrical Inspection/Test Engineer
- Background in an Electrical manufacturing environment is necessary, ideally with a minimum qualification in an appropriate subject at HNC level.
- Experience in the use of applicable directives, norms and standards used in light industrial applications is essential.
- PLC experience would be an advantage.
- Must work well with others, including engineers and other technicians in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Flexible, hands-on approach to working within a project team or individually.
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects.
- Basic knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills.
- Valid passport holder and clean driving license required for occasional travel
The company offer a salary around £25,000 with premium rates for overtime, 22 holidays + statutory days, incentive scheme, pension scheme and death in service policy.
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: