Job Reference: 0809-FA-MSME
A fantastic opportunity exists with my client for an experienced MAINTENANCE ENGINEER / TECHNICIAN (MULTI SKILLED) to join their team based at their HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE manufacturing site.
This role is offered on a rotating 3 shift system.
You will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems to ensure achievement of departmental KPI’s.
* An extensive working knowledge of all core plant with the manufacturing area as a whole, is an essential element of this role
* The ability to provide rapid response to breakdown where local manufacturing team require assistance
* To respond to serious breakdowns where problems have not been fixed on section
* To fault find, maintain and repair plant using all engineering disciplines to ensure minimum lost production time
* To trouble shoot and repair equipment and systems to include; Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic and PLC’s
* Ability to advise and delegate to ensure work is carried out in accordance with achieving optimum running time on all kit
* Undertake specialist project work to assist the manufacturing team including Engineers
* Refurbish plant as required
* Ensure spare parts are sourced as required in support of all the above
* Communicate at all levels and across all shifts
* Provide on the job training as required
* Adhere to all environmental, health and safety requirements at all times
* 5S activities should apply at all times in all areas
* Coordinate activities of sub-contract personnel on site as and when required
* To provide cover in production roles during operator break times and if required in extreme business circumstances
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Time Served Apprenticeship or qualified in Electrical Engineering
* Qualified / proven skills in mechanical, pneumatics & hydraulics
* PLC skills – S5 / S7, Allen Bradley
* Special knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics, electronics, mechanical, PLC’s and other specific details related to the plant on section.
* An extensive working knowledge of all core plant with the manufacturing area as a whole, is an essential element of this role.
* Experience and proficiency with basic office computer software.
* Ability to work effectively with CBMS and instruct others on its operation.
* Capable of working in a pressurized environment where production down time is a key focus.
* Able to build and maintain effective working relationship.
* Able to demonstrate good verbal and numerical skills.
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: