Job Reference: 2702-ME-MF
My client is a long established, successful company, supplying rock drilling equipment and contractors’ tools to a worldwide customer base.
The company operates a wide range of plant including forging presses, CNC & manual machining, heat treatment, friction welding and other operations
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE FITTERto complement their existing engineering team in Dronfield, South Yorkshire.
Duties will include:
- Performing planned maintenance
- Responding quickly and effectively to breakdowns
- Fault finding / diagnostics
- Working in diverse areas i.e. forging operations, heat treatment, shotblast CNC & manual machining, friction welding etc.
To be suitable for this role, you will;
- Be a fully qualified FITTER, preferably apprentice trained
- Have a mechanical engineering background
- Have knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics & welding fabrication.
- Have basic electrical experience
- Ideally be IPAF trained
- Have experience in a manufacturing / production environment
- Be able to work unsupervised as part of a small multi-disciplined team
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships
- Be able to work overtime, sometimes at short notice
- Be IT literate
- Have the ability to work efficiently to ensure all tasks are carried out in a safe manner
Hours of work are;
7.30am – 4pm Monday to Thursday
7.30am – 2.30pm Friday
Hourly Rate: £12.93 p/hr
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: