Job Reference: 0105-LA-OM
My client is currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager for their manufacturing site in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
The primary responsibility of the role is to safely deliver the operational performance of an engineering metal extrusion plant, predominantly working in the aerospace and automotive industry. You will have full operational responsibilities and be measured on both financial and non-financial indicators directly related to safety, cost, quality, delivery, customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers determined objectives by leading the Production, Maintenance and Receiving / Shipping teams, and executing the operational growth plans.
- Delivers operational excellence through optimizing machine and assembly capacities, total cost effectiveness and value to the customer base.
- Ensures operation plans achieve targeted cost and performance.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layouts of all departmental equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Ensures a culture is in place that puts the safety and welfare of employees ahead of all other goals.
- Leading and lagging indicators need to be managed and linked to actions that will reduce risk in the workplace.
- Executes the vision for the organization by formulating and guiding the implementation of long and short-range plans, policies and programs associated with assigned business unit product offerings, within the broad framework of operating unit and corporate strategy and under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
- Support the Site Plant Manager in leading a multi-disciplined plant team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
- Sets a high standard for ethics and compliance, ensuring business processes adhere to our business conduct policies and procedures.
- Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based on Continuous Improvement principals, specifically TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
- Support the Site Plant Manager in managing an effective team including hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and counseling with career development.
- Adheres to operational budgets and coordinates capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up.
- Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and safety record.
- Lead the implementation of tactics to achieve improvement in on-time delivery, yield improvement, scrap reduction, and productivity.
- Establish the goals and metrics to drive improvement, and refine activities as needed with monitoring the projected effects of forecasts on the business unit, revenues, and the “external gross profit”.
- Directs the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, organizational plans, etc., and monitors the projected effects of these forecasts on business unit investment, revenues, and the “external gross profit.”
- Maintains an awareness of, and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters.
- Champions a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the business units – marketing, engineering, finance, manufacturing, operations, and quality and external to business unit, customer service, sales, sales administration, technical services and distribution.
- Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments.
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in applicable areas.
- Ensures that effective business unit systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit’s operations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of leadership within a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science
- Experience in the aerospace and/or automotive market
- Ideally from a metals production background.
- Demonstrate quantitative results in leading manufacturing excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial literacy
- Demonstrate the ability to train, develop, and motivate subordinates.
- Six sigma qualification
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: