Job Reference: 3101-VK-PE
My client is an international supplier to power generation industry and they have an excellent opportunity for a PROPOSALS / PROJECT ENGINEER to join their team based in Burton on Trent.
They are looking for a motivated, flexible, experienced person with a Mechanical Engineering background, with knowledge and understanding of site-based Health and Safety procedures
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated professional team and represent the company in respect of Health and Safety as well as supporting the day to day operations of the Division. The position will involve mainly office-based work and occasionally out on site.
Working to support the team, duties include:
* Report writing and production of technical specifications
* Creating and maintaining CAD drawings
* Business development support
* Have the ability to recognise opportunities for spares, service and upgrades.
* Survey existing reference sites and assist to win new orders
* Generate spares and service sales
* Customer liaison
* Be involved in the development of a Market Database, to gather and log information
on Customers, Sites, Contacts, Activity, Sales and Prospects, Reports etc
* Work closely with other members of the team, utilising their existing contacts in
order to develop new opportunities and build relationships.
* Cost estimating
* Responsible for producing technical quotations and follow up requirements upon
receipt of Purchase Order
* Be involved in the Preparation of forecasts, sales reports and tracking information as
* Be involved in the carrying out of method statement reviews to ensure compliance
with Health and Safety legislation and Company requirements
* Be involved in the carrying out of investigations, ensuring that appropriate reporting
and remedial action is taken
* To review and interpret customer specifications and drawings, assisting with detailed
site-surveys where required.
* To perform equipment inspections and produce detailed reports.
* To assess site requirements and produce detailed purchase requisitions.
* To delegate to mechanical installation / maintenance employees during the site
* General admin duties
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Sound Mechanical Engineering skills / knowledge
* High level of IT literacy particularly in CAD (AutoCAD) & MS Office / MS Project
* Relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineer/Engineering bias is an advantage
* Familiarity with safety requirements of working on an industrial site
* Some supervisory experience
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and the confidence and capability to
represent the Company at customer site meetings
* Ability to analyse technical problems, learn and provide quick effective solutions.
* Self-starting decision maker with the ability to manage one’s own work schedule.
* Full UK driving license is required
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: