Job Reference: 0809-PD-BDM
My client currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SALES MANAGER / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to develop and manage business opportunities UK wide for the Kitchen Ventilation side of the business.
The position will involve in-depth knowledge of technical sales, customer service and project management skills associated with the Kitchen Ventilation industry.
This role will be to grow the Kitchen Ventilation business with existing and new customers by promoting products and services to end users, consultants and contractors, negotiating orders and building relationships.
The successful candidate will have good knowledge of the Kitchen Ventilation business sector, and will have worked recently within it, in a similar role.
* Have a good understanding of all industry specifications such as DW172, BS6173, Gas Safe Regulations and the DEFRA document
* Be able to undertake site surveys to discuss projects with customers, offer advice on the best possible solution and obtain the necessary information to allow an accurate quotation to be prepared
* Generate and manage sales and service customers to attain sales, account growth and profit targets.
* Work to develop and execute key accounts and territory sales plans.
* Prepare annual sales plans and monthly sales forecasts and then cascade this down to all interested parties.
* Monitor sales levels against forecast and plan, and where needed, agree to take corrective action to insure sales and margin goals are achieved.
* Prepare and deliver customer or internal presentations, as required.
* Provide weekly and monthly reports, to agreed deadlines.
* To suggest any new product development ideas.
* Deliver annual sales plans and monthly sales forecasts.
* Forecast sales orders and invoice values on a monthly basis.
* Complete and update the CRM system.
* Draw up account plans for major customers.
*Pre-qualify enquiries ensuring that a complete briefing is taken from the client and that those enquiries are evaluated in respect of them being appropriate for the company to quote.
* Negotiate pricing and other commercial terms with customers.
* Attend trade shows and exhibitions as required.
* Prepare proposals for customers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* You MUST have a background in Kitchen Ventilation sales
* Have experience and a network of contacts in the industry
* Ability to be a hands-on leader, a successful Business Developer and Account Manager
* Be able to demonstrate and prove a track record of positive results derived from sales to key accounts or a number of accounts in an identified area.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to meet new people, either in person or via telephone, and quickly establish rapport.
* Excellent presentation skills required.
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office programmes to quickly create charts and graphs using MS PowerPoint.
* Good general knowledge of business and competition within your designated market.
* Self-starter, able to work independently without extensive supervision.
* Have a full UK driving licence.
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the form below: